Non-practicing membership allows you to:
- Stay connected with the College
- Receive College Communications (e.g., College Connection magazine & RegulatioN Matters e-newsletter)
- Vote in Annual General Meeting (AGM) or special meetings of the College.
- Trust Membership (OPTIONAL) – The Newfoundland and Labrador Registered Nurses’ Education & Research Trust is a registered charitable foundation to promote support and assist basic nursing education, continuing nursing education and nursing research. Your $10 membership fee helps ensure the financial stability of the Trust and entitles you to apply for Trust scholarships and bursaries.
Registrants who hold a non-practicing membership and plan to return to practice are reminded that:
- Before you can renew a practicing licence you must complete the College’s Continuing Competency Program requirements. This includes logging 24 learning activity hours and summative evaluation before applying for a practicing licence. Registrants must document their learning within the MyCCP log. The log can be accessed through the MyCRNNL portal.
- Registrants who practice without a valid practicing licence will be subject to an Unauthorized Practice ($100/shift worked with a maximum fee of three times the regular licensure cost) and subject to discipline where the period of practice exceeds 3 shifts from and including the 1st shift. Applies to nursing practice in all domains (clinical, administration, education, and policy/research).
To help you navigate online renewal the College encourages you to utilize our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Know your College Registration Number.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date email address on file with the College.
- You can retrieve your password by clicking on the ‘Forgot your Password’ link and follow the instructions
- Payment options available to Registrants include VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners Club, Interac and Pre-Authorized Payment withdrawal.
Overview of membership renewal process
- If planning to return to nursing practice in the future you must meet the requirements for renewal of RN Licensure (Section 12) or requirements for renewal of NP Licensure (Section 13) as outlined in the RN Regulations.
- Complete membership renewal application, including payment of the applicable fee, through MyCRNNL prior to March 31 deadline.
- Registrants will receive an email receipt once membership has been processed. You can retrieve current and previous year payment receipts by visiting MyCRNNL. The receipt will be sent to the email address on file.
Registrants can confirm their membership status though the College’s Member Search.