This section applies to you if you completed your Nurse Practitioner (NP) education program outside of Canada and are not licensed as an NP in another Canadian province/territory.
Overview of the application process
In order to apply for licensure assessment as an IENP you must hold a current RN practicing licence or be eligible for RN licensure with the College.
- Review the College’s Fact Sheet – Internationally Educated Nurse Practitioner – License Process Explainer. This document details the application process and requirements.
- Submit application to the College.
Note: Presently application is a PDF version. An updated application will be available soon through the College’s member portal (Alinity).
- Submit Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report for NP education program to the College. (see Licence Process Explainer document for accepted ECA sources)
- Submit Nurse Practitioner Program Criteria Checklist to the school of nursing where NP program completed. School must complete the form and return it directly to the College.
- Upon receipt of all required documents the College will complete assessment of the application and communicate decision to the applicant.