All applicants for nurse practitioner licensure (Family/All-Ages) with the College who have not established registration/licensure as a nurse practitioner in another Canadian jurisdiction are required to have passed the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam: Family/All-Ages (CNPE:F/AA). The Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam: Family/All-Ages Blue Print and Prep Tool may be purchased through the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (CCRNR) website.
CNPE: F/AA Examination Dates
|Examination Date||May 9, 2023||October 2023 – TBD|
|Initial Application Deadline||April 3, 2023||October 2023 – TBD|
The Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam (CNPE) is being offered through secure online proctoring for Newfoundland & Labrador exam candidates. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Information on the exam can be found in the Candidate Examination Handbook.
CNPE: F/AA Examination Fee Breakdown
|Exam Fee||$768.75 (+HST)||Paid directly to YAS|
|Sitting Fee||$105 (+HST)||Paid directly to YAS|
|College Admin Fee||$75 (+HST)||Paid to the College|
Overview of Examination Application Process
This section applies to the following:
- Newfoundland and Labrador NP graduates
- Out-of-province NP graduates who have not established registration/licensure as an NP in another Canadian jurisdiction.
- Complete the CNPE:F/AA application form with examination fee and submit to the College by application deadline. Applications received after the application deadline will automatically be assessed a late fee ($57.50 includes HST).
- To write the CNPE:F/AA outside of Newfoundland and Labrador a list of available writing locations can be found here.
- NL Graduates – confirmation of successful program completion will be sent to the College directly from Memorial University Registrar’s Office.
- Out-of-province graduates – request official transcript, confirmation of NP program completion from university. Must be sent directly to the College.
- Receive email from Yardstick Assessment Strategies to register online for your exam.
- Receive registration booking confirmation email from Yard Stick Assessment Strategies.
- Complete examination via online proctoring.
- Notification of examination result will be sent directly to candidate from the College.
Please contact the College as soon as possible for specific requirements related to requests for accommodation.