Family/All-Ages Category of NP Practice
All applicants for nurse practitioner licensure (Family/All-Ages) with the College who have not established registration/licensure as a nurse practitioner in another Canadian jurisdiction are required to have passed the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam: Family/All-Ages (CNPE:F/AA). The Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam: Family/All-Ages Blue Print and Prep Tool may be purchased through the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (CCRNR) website.
CNPE: F/AA Examination Dates
|Examination Date||May 9, 2023||October 2023 – TBD|
|Initial Application Deadline||April 3, 2023||October 2023 – TBD|
The Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam (CNPE) is being offered through secure online proctoring for Newfoundland & Labrador exam candidates. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Information on the exam can be found in the Candidate Examination Handbook.
You can read more about the exam vendor, Yardstick Assessment Strategies (YAS), on their website: www.getyardstick.com
CNPE: F/AA Examination Fee Breakdown
|Exam Fee||$768.75 (+HST)||Paid directly to YAS|
|Sitting Fee||$105 (+HST)||Paid directly to YAS|
|College Admin Fee||$75 (+HST)||Paid to the College|
Overview of Examination Application Process
This section applies to the following:
- Newfoundland and Labrador NP graduates
- Out-of-province NP graduates who have not established registration/licensure as an NP in another Canadian jurisdiction.
- Complete the CNPE:F/AA application form with examination fee and submit to the College by application deadline. Applications received after the application deadline will automatically be assessed a late fee ($57.50 includes HST).
- To write the CNPE:F/AA outside of Newfoundland and Labrador a list of available writing locations can be found here.
- NL Graduates – confirmation of successful program completion will be sent to the College directly from Memorial University Registrar’s Office.
- Out-of-province graduates – request official transcript, confirmation of NP program completion from university. Must be sent directly to the College.
- Receive email from Yardstick Assessment Strategies to register online for your exam.
- Receive registration booking confirmation email from Yard Stick Assessment Strategies.
- Complete examination via online proctoring.
- Notification of examination result will be sent directly to candidate from the College.
Please contact the College as soon as possible for specific requirements related to requests for accommodation.