The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board’s (PNCB) Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam is approved by Canadian regulatory bodies to determine whether a nurse practitioner candidate demonstrates the competencies necessary for safe and ethical practice as a pediatric nurse practitioner in Canada.
For information about the exam, please see the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (CCRNR) FACT SHEET – Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Exam or visit the CCRNR website.
Overview of Examination Application Process
This section applies to the following:
- Newfoundland and Labrador NP graduates
- Out-of-province NP graduates who have not established registration/licensure as an NP in another Canadian jurisdiction.
- Request official transcript, confirmation of NP program completion from university. Must be sent directly to the College.
- The College will notify candidates by email when they may proceed to submit exam application and fee payment to PNCB. See Fact Sheet on CCRNR website for information on exam application process.
- Upon receipt of Exam Eligibility notification postcard from PNCB candidates must schedule their examination appointment with Prometric (Exam Vendor).
- Official examination results will be sent to candidates by the College within 3-4 weeks of testing date.