Adult Category of NP Practice
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board’s (AANPCB) Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam is approved by Canadian regulatory bodies to determine whether a nurse practitioner candidate demonstrates the competencies necessary for safe and ethical practice as an adult nurse practitioner in Canada.
For information about the exam, please see the Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (CCRNR) FACT SHEET – Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Exam or visit the CCRNR website.
Overview of Examination Application Process
This section applies to the following:
- Newfoundland and Labrador Nurse Practitioner graduates
- Out-of-province Nurse Practitioner graduates who have not established registration/licensure as an NP in another Canadian jurisdiction.
- NL Graduates – confirmation of successful program completion will be sent to the College directly from Memorial University Registrar’s Office.
- Out of province graduates – request official transcript, confirmation of NP program completion from university. Must be sent directly to the College.
- The College will notify candidates by email when they may proceed to submit exam application and fee payment to AANPCB. See Fact sheet on CCRNR website for information on exam application process.
- Upon receipt of Authorization to Test (ATT) letter from AANPCB, candidates must schedule their examination appointment with the exam vendor, PSI Exams.
- Candidates will be notified immediately upon completion of exam of a pass or fail result. Official examination results will be sent to candidates by the College within 3-4 weeks of testing date.