Original Presentation: February 4, 2020
This presentation addresses:
- What factors should health care professionals reflect on when navigating dilemmas in practice?
- What are some of the professional, employer and ethical considerations?
- Are there legislative considerations that inform decisions “in the moment”?
- What standards, resources and models exist to support and guide professional decision-making?
- What is meant by professional accountability?
Mollie Butler RN, BScN, MPA, PhD, Regional Director Professional Practice and Indigenous Health, Eastern Health
Chris Kaposy PhD, Associate Professor of Bioethics, Memorial University Faculty of Medicine
Michelle Osmond RN, MS(N), Director of Regulatory Services/Director of Professional Conduct Review, CRNNL
Simone Pelley MSW, RSW, Private Practitioner in Gander, Chair of NLASW Ethics Committee
Gerrie Smith B.A., LL.B, Legislative Consultant, Department of Health and Community Services, Government of NL
Annette Johns MSW, RSW, Associate Director of Policy and Practice, Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Social Workers
Peggy Rauman RN, BN, MN, Nursing Consultant, Policy & Practice, College of Registered Nurses
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback on the archived education sessions, please contact Jennifer Lynch at [email protected]