Registered Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
RNs and NPs serve the College in many capacities, such as:
• elected members of Council
• members of College committees, working groups and disciplinary panel
• participants of the College’s Workplace Representative program
• participants in focus groups, and research surveys
RN Resource Index
If you wish to become an RN volunteer, your name will be added to our RN Resource Index – a database of RNs who are interested in contributing to achieving the goals of the College.
If you are interested in volunteering and are not already enrolled in the resource index, you can complete the RN Resource Index Online Form.
Please be advised that we will keep your profile on file for a period of two years. In order to be sure you are still interested in volunteering for activities, it will be necessary to submit another profile at that time.
National Volunteer Opportunities
There are also volunteer opportunities for members to participate in exam development:
• National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN)
• Canadian Council of Registered Nurse Regulators (Nurse Practitioner)
As a Public Representative, you would assist us in meeting our regulatory requirements in areas which include, but are not limited to registration, professional conduct, nursing practice and public policy.
Public Representatives provide College Council, its committees, and members with an understanding of consumer issues as they relate to nursing and health care in our province. Public Representatives are generally appointed to committees for a two to three-year term and are required to attend committee meetings throughout the year.
• An interest in health and welfare and a general knowledge of health matters;
• Previous committee or board experience;
• Time to devote to the role;
• Volunteer or work experience that demonstrates acting in the public interest.
Note: Registered Nurses are not eligible to serve in public representative positions.
Members of the public interested in becoming a public representative on College Council or the Disciplinary Committee must apply through the Independent Appointments Commission.
For more information, please call (709) 753-6183, 1-800-563-3200, or email [email protected].
Choosing to become part of a self-regulated profession is the first step in your journey to professional practice. CRNNL engages, students to contribute their knowledge and expertise to its work, and their involvement has a meaningful impact on nursing and health care in the province. Opportunities for students include:
• volunteering for Student Representative Program
• volunteering to be a member of committees and/or working groups (as needed)
• attending Council meetings
To get involved, please contact: