Reply by June 23, 2016
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is seeking RN volunteers (criteria below) to participate in upcoming meetings related to RN practice analysis, and knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) analysis. RN Practice Analysis and KSA meetings are held every three years to ensure that the NCLEX-RN® exam continues to reflect current nursing practice.
Both meetings will be composed of a minimum of five (5) RNs, representing NCLEX test user areas and various clinical practice settings. Members of both panels must meet the following criteria:
- RN with an active nursing license/registration in good standing
- Current clinical practice
- Works with, precepts, and/or supervises newly licensed RNs within their first 12 months of practice
- Has not participated in nursing licensure examination development activities, including the development of nursing licensure exam preparation guides and courses, in the previous two years.
The meetings will take place in Chicago, Illinois, on the following dates:
- NCLEX-RN Practice Analysis Expert Panel Meeting – Nov. 2-4, 2016
- NCLEX-RN Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA) Expert Panel Meeting – Dec. 5-7, 2016
Travel related expenses such as prepaid airfare and lodging will be covered by NCSBN.
Interested and qualified individuals can put their names forth for consideration by responding directly to Michelle Osmond at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2016 with their contact information (including email addresses).
Given that there will be further opportunity to participate in projects around the NCLEX-RN exam, continue to visit www.crnnl.ca for updates.